Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Snow & Starships

OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS GOING TO END, ASS LOADS OF SNOW HIT THE TRI-STATE AREA!

Like I said last year around this time, any time there is a hint of snow where I live, which considering it is the Northeast is pretty frequent, newscasters act like the world is going to end. Granted, I was shoveling my long driveway for four hours on Sunday, but I'm still alive. I think most of the tri-state area survived, too.

I've been having this on-again, off-again relationship with the new Battlestar Galactica show on SciFi. I really enjoyed the mini-series and the first couple of episodes of the show. Around the fourth episode of season one, it started to bore me to sleep and I gave up on it. As buzz around the show continued to grow, I figured I would check in again. I haven't been disappointed after watching the last two or three new episodes. I've got it on my TiVO and I'm looking forward to catching up with it when SciFi decides to do the inevitable marathon of episodes. Not surprisingly, there's a Battlestar Galactica Wiki.

That channel is so confounding, though. On one hand they create quality programming like Battlestar Galactica and FarScape, on the other they cease publication of SciFiction and produce an abomination of a miniseries like Earthsea. They've got a miniseries coming up in march that looks to be a guilty craptacular fantasy-fest in Dark Kingom: The Dragon Lord. I'm not filled with any sort of confidence that it will be good, especially when the commercial says "Before Narnia, Before Lord of the Rings..." I will tune in to hopefully, be proven wrong.

Last and certainly not least, I posted my review of Wayne Thomas Batson's debut novel, The Door Within, last night.

No comments: