Sunday, November 14, 2004

The Incredibles

Well, just got back from The Incredibles, and I was very impressed. For the most part it did live up to the hype. Of course, there are obvious comparisons to be made to the Fantastic Four comic, but I think Brad Bird did in a way that was not a total rip-off. This movie also tackled a lot of the themes from the seminal Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons masterpiece Watchmen. My single line praise for the movie would be to say it does not poke fun at the super-hero genre, it takes the cliches, plays with them and tells a great story.

This is a movie I cannot wait to own on DVD.

Got some cool stuff from the in-laws for my b-day over the weekend, Spider-Man 2 for the PlayStation 2 and the complete Season 1 boxed set of FarScape.

Not much else for today.

No comments: